Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Hedeby Dress, Revisited

This weekend, I had occasion to try on my Hedeby apron dress again. As you may recall, at the time I completed that dress it fit like the skin on a rather lumpy banana. However, I've lost some weight since then, and the result is to make the dress much more flattering. I don't have any photos of me in the dress from this weekend, but I'm planning to resurrect a photo-essay project, and will try to sneak a photograph of me in the dress into it.

One thing I discovered is that the rear set of straps have gone from being a bit too long to being way too long, a problem I solved for the moment by tying a knot in each of them, and inserting the pins through the loop above the place where the knot was.  I did not think to try crossing the loops to the opposite sides without knotting; I'll have to do that next time I wear it.


  1. It did look a bit tight, although I don't think you needed to loose any wieght.

    there are so many theoretical arrangements of straps on those things its always hard to know where to start

  2. Thanks for stopping by!

    As my posts on the making of the dress indicated, I was working with someone else's proposed pattern, which probably wasn't a good match for my body type. But I'm pleased with it; despite the fit issues it came out much better than I'd expected.