Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Farewell To A Costumer's Companion

Since starting this blog, I have been fanatical about restricting its content to costume-related subjects--even though I'm the only person (so far) who writes for this blog.

Tonight, I will make an exception.

Tonight, for the first time in 20 years, I am a costumer without a cat.  My beloved cat, Sugar, was so ill from kidney failure that we had to have her put to sleep forever this afternoon.   If you want to know more about Sugar, feel free to check out my posts about her here and here and my husband's posts here and here. Here, I will only add one of the best photographs of her I have; it was taken by a friend of mine several years ago.

Sugar in 2012; already elderly but still enjoying life.
 
EDIT:  (4/26/2014)  Thank you to everyone who has responded to this post, for your kind words and thoughts.  I'm putting this here because for some reason Blogger is eating my comments on my own blog again.  :-(

And yes, Esther, Sugar was indeed amazing for her love of and rapport with us humans.

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for you rloss. Loosing kitties is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you have lost your furry companion. ***hugs*** if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that. Rest in peace, Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this Cathy. It's always awful to loose a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wrote her a wonderful biography, she sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you. If you see this, the Blogger bug that's getting in the way of my posting comments will be gone again.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that Sugar suffered even a few days. On the other hand, it was clear to all who knew her that she enjoyed the rest of her life, and enjoyed being with people. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
    2. When the time comes, we always ask ourselves what we could have done differently. I think Sugar had a very happy life and that, in the end, is all that matters.

      Delete