- The wrap-around fitted Viking apron dress. I managed to hem one side before bogging down. Since this is the project I'm most likely to be able to finish quickly, I plan to go back to it this weekend if possible, and see whether I can finish it by the end of this month or, failing that, the end of Labor Day weekend (September 2-5).
- The nalbinded mittens. I managed to get the thumb piece nalbinded onto the body of the mitten, but because of exhaustion I was reluctant to push on and perhaps ruin what I'd done. It's next on the list after the apron-dress for resumption.
- The Vendel outfit. I had just purchased some Sculpey from which to make a disc-on-bow brooch when pearl posted about an article referencing information about Vendel-era costume that has made me rethink my assumptions. More about the rethinking process soon.
- The Lagore Crannog tablet woven band. It's still set up on my loom, mocking me.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
A Non-Progress Report
Because of vacation plans, spending more time board gaming with my husband, and new projects at work, I haven't done any work on my costuming projects since about mid-July, and I've done very little reading. Since August is drawing to a close and people may be wondering why I haven't posted to this blog in awhile, I'd like to give a brief progress report on the last few projects I've discussed on this blog: