I was prepared to make my early Norwegian overdress/peplos for the Historical Sew Monthly's Stashbusting challenge until I discovered one unfortunate fact. I no longer have 5 yards of dark blue flannel, because I used some of the fabric for my Byzantine mantion a while ago. I found the scraps of it, along with the remaining straight piece I used as a non-sewn wrap last summer, earlier this week. The straight piece is about two yards long--but that length isn't quite enough to make a nicely draped peplos overdress on me.
I still plan to make the overdress, but now I need to acquire fabric for it all over again--and that fact makes it ineligible for the "stashbusting" challenge. The point of the "Stashbusting" challenge, after all, is to use up fabric and notions you already have--not to buy more fabric!
So I'm back to the idea of making cut-and-sewn stockings for the March clallenge. I can still make some out of the badly dyed light blue wool I wrote about before--or I can use the scraps of my dark blue flannel. I like the idea of using the dark blue fabric better; it's thinner fabric and likely to be more comfortable than the light blue fabric. Although that may no longer be the case if I pre-wash the fabric, which I plan to do since stockings need to be washable. Watch this space to see where I end up with this plan.