Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My New "Weaving" Basket

Basket and contents, displayed
A few days ago, I ordered a small basket from a seller on Etsy for my tablet weaving cards and miscellaneous fiber-craft tools that don't fit in my birchbox Viking sewing box.  The basket arrived today, so as promised I am taking a picture of the basket, along with its intended contents.   The white piece is my half-completed nalbound mitten (the one I intend to restart).  The caterpillar attached to the antler needle is just a test piece, though I may try to use the remnants of the unplyed wool that I have in that color to make a cap one of these days if I ever get brave enough.

According to the woman from whom I purchased the basket, it stands  3 3/4 inches (9.5 cm) tall with the cover on, 8 inches (20.3 cm) in length, and 6 inches (15.2 cm) across, and my ruler shows that to be just about correct. The content include my three-sizes of wooden tablet-weaving cards, my two nalbinding needles (one bone, one antler) and some lovely wool thread from Phiala's Stringpages.  When I find them again, my good scissors will go inside as well.  Hopefully, I'll have more motivation to experiment with tablet weaving and nalbinding now that I have a lovely, period-appropriate container to keep my tools in!

I am so pleased with the basket that I can't resist adding a few extra photos, just to show how well everything fits inside.  

Basket with contents, open
Basket, closed

No comments:

Post a Comment